Panasonic expanded its Toughpad line of enterprise-grade tablets with the introduction of the Toughpad FZ-G1, a 10-inch tablet featuring Windows 8 Pro.
Toughpad tablets are designed for mission-critical and highly mobile workers in fields such as the military, construction, healthcare, public safety, utilities, retail, maintenance, supply chain logistics and insurance. The devices are ideal for a host of usage scenarios, including inventory control, eForms, field sales, field service, route delivery, eCitations, electronic medical records, inspections, mobile point-of-sales and GIS.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-G1: Key Features
- Operating System: Windows 8 Pro
- Processor: 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3437U vPro 1.9GHz up to 2.9GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology
- Memory: 128-256GB SSD, 4-8GB RAM, optional micro SDXC
- Rugged: MIL-STD-810G, 4-foot drop, IP65, 14 degrees F to 122 degrees F (operational temp range)
- Display: 10.1 inches, sunlight viewable, touch screen and active digitizer, 800nit, WUXGA (1920x1200)
- Battery: 8.0 hours (user-replaceable)
- Dimensions: 10.6 inches by 7.4 inches by 0.75 inches
- Weight: 2.43 pounds
- Wireless: Bluetooth V4.0, 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, optional embedded 4G LTE or 3G
- I/O: Full size USB 3.0, HDMI, optional micro SDXC, Full size USB 2.0, wired LAN, true serial port or dedicated GPS.
Toughpad tablets are MIL-STD-810G tested for drops, fluid ingress and temperature, to assure they deliver reliable performance under circumstances that render typical tablets non-operational. Devices feature daylight viewable screens, user-replaceable or serviceable batteries, a stylus for signature capture and handwriting (on the FZ-G1 and FZ-A1 with 3rd party apps), and multiple options for peripheral connectivity.
Enterprise-class mobile computing requires an enhanced level of device security and the Toughpad family is designed with this in mind. Security features like encryption, IPsec VPN, trusted boot, root protection and FIPS compliance are available in various configurations of the Toughpad FZ-A1. Compatibility with world-class Mobile device management (MDM) tools are also available to allow IT managers to manage applications, secure devices from unauthorized use and perform many other tasks.
Toughpad tablets are supported by an ecosystem that includes an enterprise-focused app store, developer tools and deployment support. Panasonic will offer a full set of professional-grade accessories to support the Toughpad line, including cases, mounts, printers, keyboards, magnetic stripe readers, smart card readers and multi-unit storage and charging solutions.
Pricing and Availability
The 10-inch Windows 8 Pro-based Toughpad FZ-G1 will be available in March starting at $2,899. All Toughpad tablets can be purchased through authorized Panasonic resellers.
Want to know more about this product? Click here to request more information about Toughpad Tablet (FZ-G1, Windows 8 Pro) from Panasonic System Communications Co. of North America .