The XCAT handheld detection system features automated, one-step detection of narcotics, homemade and high explosives, and gunshot residue.
- Narcotics, explosives and GSR detection in a single platform
- Red-light/Green-Light result
- No interpretation, no color charts, no spraying, no chemical exposure
- Rugged for field use
- Detection library expandable
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
Use the XCAT for sampling suspicious drugs and other substances on hands, vehicles, packages and surfaces.
- Law Enforcement
- Commercial Security
- Border Control
- Federal Agencies (FBI, CIA, DOI, DEA, DOS)
- Special Events Screening
- Home & Business (parental, insurance)
The XCAT uses detection cards with specifically formulated optical detection inks and software to identify characteristics unique to each individual or group of chemically related analytes.
Each analyte or group of analytes is detected with a dedicated card.
The unit uniquely identifies and analyzes each card (e.g. Cocaine or GSR) and returns a red or green light signal to the user simply indicating "detection" or "no detection".
The XCAT's sampling cards are dedicated to detecting either individual analytes or groups of related analytes.
SAMPLING CARDS AND CAPABILITIES:
- Amphetamines: Amphetamine, Methamphetamines, Crystal Meth, MDMA (Ecstasy), Pseudoephedrine, “Bath Salts”(including MDPV, Mephedrone, and Pyrovalerone)
- Opiates: Heroin, Morphine, Codeine, Oxycodone, Hydrocodone
- Cocaine/PCP: Cocaine, Crack Cocaine, PCP, PCP hydrochloride
- Nitramines & Nitrates: C4, RDX, HMX, Semtex, Det. Cord, Deta Sheet, EDGN, Nitroglycerin, Nitrocellulose, Ammonium Nitrate, ANFO, Urea Nitrate, Black Powder
- Nitroaromatics: TNT, DNT, Picric Acid, Ammonium Picrate, Tetryl, Comp B
- Chlorates & Bromates: Potassium Chlorate, Sodium Chlorate, Sodium Bromate
- GSR: Gunshot Residue
- Detection Principle - Optical Detection
- Sampling Capabilities - Particulate
- Time to Analyze - 20 to 60 seconds (depending on analyte)
- Calibration - None required
- Power-up Time - Less than 1 minute
- Consumables - Sampling Cards
- Power Source - Rechargeable Li-ion battery (car and wall charger, USB port)
- Samples per Battery Charge - 300 (depending on use-case)
- Operating Temperature Range - 32 degrees F to 120 degrees F (0 degrees C to 49 degrees C)
- Dimensions - 3.6 inches long by 1.7 inches wide by 6 inches high
- Weight - Approximately 1 pound
Want to know more about this product? Click here to request more information about The XCAT Narcotics, Explosives, and Gunshot Residue Detector from RedXDefense .